Monday 14 July 2014

June Empties

I know it's already July but it's only now I have the time to post my June empties. It's still better late than never and that has been my motto when I was still in school! haha



Here's my empties for June:





Organic Care Conditioners in Nourish & Balance  $3.75

- This is my go to conditioner if I can't afford my usual organic conditioner. You can easily buy this at supermarkets and so affordable compared to regular conditioners. I also love that this is organic and even the bottles are made from recycled materials. I'm also a supporter for local products so this is a big plus for me. It has a nice smell and what's great about this product is that it doesn't weigh your hair down and leaves you with a clean and soft hair.

Aveda Thickening Conditioner sample    $49.95 200ml

- I got this very small sample when I bought one product from Aveda and they were offering free shipping and 6 samples for free as well. It's recommended for those who have fine and falling hair which best describes my hair. It has a nice sweet smell and it does leave your hair soft and smelling nice all day but the container is too small. I was able to stretch it to 2 uses and 2 days of use will definitely not show any results yet if it's effective or not. Sadly, the small sample has not convinced me to buy the expensive full size bottle.




Sukin Natural Deodorant  $5.99

- I have bought this deo several times mainly because I love the smell and it's cheap. It has that distinct Sukin smell that I love and it's organic so another reason for me to use it but it's not the best deodorant as you have to wait for awhile for your underams to dry after spraying it. I only use this during winter time as it doesn't really keep your underarms dry all day so best not to use it if you're doing strenuous activities.

Nivea Invisible for Black & White Deodorant  $5.29

- This is the other deodorant I only use. I like that it keeps my underarms dry all day and it dries quickly after the spray. It also doesn't leave any stain on your clothes whether it's black or white.  It also has a nice subtle scent that I like compared to other Nivea deodorants.




Timeless Truth Miracle Rejuvenation Mask  $7

- I got this from my May Violet Box and you can read my complete review of this product here

Swisspers Spa with Mango extract  $6.29

-  This is my favorite facial wipes! Every time I see this in a supermarket or Priceline, especially if it's on sale, I just have to grab one. I love mangoes and smelling it on your face is just wonderful. What I love about Swisspers facial wipes is that it's very moist and soft on your skin so it not only cleanses your face thoroughly it also leaves your skin soft and smelling really nice!



Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Mascara  $19.95

- I got this on half price from Chemist Warehouse and I was pretty excited to try this mascara. It has a thick and bendable curved brush which works best for my eyelashes. However, it doesn't define my lashes like the Maybelline Colossal. It also dried up fast so I was only able to use it for a few weeks.

Lancome Mascara

- This is part of a palette that I have. I don't really use this mascara as it's quite small and the effect on my lashes is not that exciting. It already dried up so I'm also throwing this away.



Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub

- This lasted me for over a year mainly because the container is so big and I only use a pea size amount every wash. I think this has been discontinued as well as I don't see this anymore from Priceline or the local supermarket. This scrub is gentle enough to be used everyday and doesn't really dry my skin. It has those little beads that helps exfoliate your skin. After using this for more than a year, I think I'm ready to try a new facial scrub.

Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion Body Wash

- This was given to me as a birthday gift ages ago by an aunt who sadly just recently passed away. It has a strong vanilla smell and not really of coconut. I have the body lotion and body spray of the same scent so it's actually good for layering. It feels luxurious in your skin and since it has a nice strong scent, it actually last on your skin all day. I'm not really a fan of Victoria's Secret products as most are too strong smelling and can be quite heady but I was surprised that I actually love this scent. The only problem is the bottle, it's too hard and squeezing it is a pain! I have to turn it upside down on the shower rack to help me get the body wash out. If you like Vanilla scented products then I suggest you try this one! (Tip: Vanilla also acts as an aphrodisiac!)



Sally Hansen Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover  $5.45

- I love Sally Hansen polish removers and this acetone-free is my favorite! It doesn't have that cool effect which is what you get from acetone based removers. It's gentle and doesn't strip your nails. If you're looking for a cheap but gentle polish remover, then this is a must try product for you!



Olay Total Effects Cream for Blemish Prone/Oily Skin

- I had this for ages as well and should have thrown it out a long time ago but I have only seen this at the back of all my beauty products recently. This is almost empty and I like that it smells nice and reduces the oiliness of my face. 




That's all for my June empties!


Have you recently found a product that you should have thrown out ages ago?
What's your June empties?

I'd love to hear from you!


Keep on smiling! :)


xoxo Mia







8 comments:

  1. I love Organic Care shampoo and conditioners as well. They are so great and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Krystle!
      Yes, Organic Care is pretty awesome! I especially love the recycled bottles and the scents are really nice too!

      Delete
  2. I love empties posts - don't you love finishing things? Swisspers are my favourite facial wipes too - they're wetter and better (that sounds a bit gross hehe).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I agree I love wet facial wipes! That's what you need them for anyway!
      And yes, it's fun to finish products especially the samples so you know you have another item to add to you monthly empties! haha

      Delete
  3. organic care shampoo is one product that is really good to our hair no chemicals that will affect our scalp and hair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really Love organic shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family is very fond of using organic shampoo. I am also a fan of Nivea when it comes to my hygiene. Thank you for the awesome review of those amazing products :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been using Nivea products for a very long time. i love this box coz I am quite familiar with the brands.

    ReplyDelete